Vice President, Market Risk
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – VP, Market Risk
Genesis Trading is seeking a VP Market Risk with a strong background in market risk evaluation, reporting directly to the Head of Risk. The VP Market Risk will focus on determining and monitoring risk exposures on trading portfolios and address market risk issues as they arise. The VP will be responsible to design, prototype, validate, augment and manage the implementation of market risk related initiatives.
- Monitor/research market risk exposures in trading portfolios, and address market risk issues (including back testing exceptions and portfolio breaks) in timely manner.
- Engage all stakeholders to raise awareness of Crypto Markets or product-specific risks and how these are managed by the Risk Department.
- Drive a consistent interpretation and application of Traded Risk Management policies.
- Participate in, implement, and deliver new initiatives/projects.
- Ensure that the Risk Management Framework is effectively communicated and implemented, and portfolio limits or other constraining parameters are in place.
- Be alert to significant market movement or material events and provide timely analysis and recommended actions.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to identify limitations in the existing risk frameworks and recommend remediation's to senior management and various committees.
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors
- Broad knowledge in risk management models and methodologies.
- Demonstration of strong ethical behavior.
- High level of quantitative background and computer literacy, ability to work effectively with any programming languages.
- Diligent, detail oriented and able to function under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Outstanding critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Highly interested in Crypto markets.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar job functions.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.