Risk Reporting Associate
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Risk Reporting Associate
Genesis Trading is seeking a Risk Reporting Associate with a strong background in risk report generation and troubleshooting, reporting directly to the Head of Risk. The Risk Reporting Associate will cover a diverse range of responsibilities to facilitate analysis, reporting and control of risk information to meet the requirements of the Risk Management function and other stakeholders. The associate will be responsible to design, prototype, validate, augment and manage the implementation of market risk related reporting.
- Develop, implement and maintain automated reporting processes and analytical tools for managing and monitoring risk across Risk
- Continually evaluate existing reports, processes and analytical tools to identify areas for improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of these reports and analytical tools.
- Liaise with other teams on cross-functional projects.
- Manage ad-hoc requests from senior management to ensure timely and accurate responses.
- Participate in, implement, and deliver new initiatives/projects.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to identify limitations in the existing risk frameworks and recommend remediation's to senior management and various committees.
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors.
- 3+ years working experience in a similar capacity, in a risk, financial reporting or front-office trading function
- Academic achievement in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, science or engineering is preferable
- Expertise in Power BI development (visualizations, data models, custom visualizations), data extraction and analysis (SQL), reporting process automation, and proficiency in computer applications (Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Demonstration of strong ethical behavior.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.