Site Reliability Engineer
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Site Reliability Engineer
Genesis Trading is seeking a talented Site Reliability Engineer with experience in building and maintaining continuous integration, automating programmatic tasks, deploying applications, configuration management, and monitoring and maintaining the uptime of the platform. The Site Reliability Engineer will be an expert in Linux, is passionate about open source technologies, and is motivated by automation and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain continuous integration and deployment platform
- Build and maintain environments
- Source control administration
- Automate and perform platform deployments, service upgrades, and manage configuration
- Pro-actively monitor applications, services, OS and other infrastructure components
- Troubleshoot issues, perform RCAs, and quickly recover from lost or marginalized services
- Help develop and maintain tools and scripts catering to testing and business needs
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area (M.S. degree preferred)
- 5+ Years DevOps experience in digital currencies, or other capital markets environments
- Strong knowledge of Linux operating systems, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and/or Google Cloud
- Strong knowledge of continuous integration and deployment with industry standard tooling
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes Clustering and Docker containers
- Hands-on experience with managing and administering relational and time series databases (Postgres and Timescale preferred)
- Solid understanding and experience maintaining distributed key-value stores and caching systems
- Solid understanding of network concepts (switches, firewalls, load balancers, intrusion detection)
- Solid understanding of logging, monitoring, and alerting tools
- Significant experience with Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with SDLC processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills\
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 400%+ Y/Y trading volume growth to $20.7 billion in trades
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth to $19 billion in originations
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth to $3.9 billion in active loans outstanding
→ 400%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth to $5.9 billion in transactions
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.