Director of Account Management
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Director of Account Management
Genesis Trading is seeking a Director of Account Management to support our growing institutional prime brokerage platform. The position will be on the frontlines interacting with our key institutional clients – understanding the client needs, speaking to the Genesis product offering and proactively offering the highest quality client service. The Director of Account Management will have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and a thoughtful approach to working with internal and external stakeholders. This position will report into the Head of Institutional Sales.
- Primary point of contact for group of key institutional clients; sharing the relationship with the wider institutional sales team
- Identify new business opportunities with existing client base
- Cross sell and upsell the Genesis product range for key clients
- Oversee client relationship strategy and profitability for key client accounts
- Appreciate the changing requirements of our institutional clients (risk, reporting, execution) and consider how Genesis may continue to add value
- Build authentic and meaningful relationships – serving as a trusted liaison between the client and the wider Genesis desk.
- Ensure a premium, “white glove” client experience through effective internal stakeholder management.
- Support and drive a culture of excellence
- Lead a growing account management team
- Experience - 8 + years in traditional finance, capital markets and/or digital currencies
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and present to key stakeholders
- Strong familiarity with CRM software (Sales force, Hubpot, Zoho..)
- Proven ability to manage several accounts at once while also maintaining high attention to detail
- Track record - History of growing and maintaining high value institutional relationships
- Product knowledge - Strong understanding of trading, lending and derivative/structured products
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills and a curious mindset.
- Empathetic and diligent when dealing with client requests
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Genuine enthusiasm to work in the digital asset industry
- Serve as an effective ambassador for the firm - expressing themselves effectively in person and in writing
- Manage and maintain high performing account management talent
- Coordinate and prioritize tasks effectively, seeking support where needed
- Self-starter, with high integrity and “yes and” mentality.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time-off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 400%+ Y/Y trading volume growth to $20.7 billion in trades
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth to $19 billion in originations
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth to $3.9 billion in active loans outstanding
→ 400%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth to $5.9 billion in transactions
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.