Information Security Analyst
New York, NY
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Information Security Analyst
Genesis is seeking a competent Information Security Analyst who will be responsible for a wide variety of Information Security tasks. This role requires specific experience and a deep understanding of Information Security frameworks, standards, and best practices.
- Work with various teams in producing Information and Technical Security Policies, Standards, Processes and Procedures, and monitor the lifecycle of those documents to develop company-wide best practices and standards for Information Security.
- Assist in resolving and reducing Internal and External Audit Findings to ensure that all open and overdue observations are actioned timeously.
- Responsible for the maintenance of Enterprise Security Risk Management Process, ensuring that the relevant risk registers are managed effectively.
- Detect, record, report, and monitor technical security threats and vulnerabilities on an ongoing basis to ensure appropriate actions are taken to mitigate any possible risk that may impact the CIA of systems and data.
- Implementation and maintenance of technical security controls to protect all information assets according to their value to the organization.
- Responsible for recording, monitoring, and reporting security incidents.
- Identify, record, and communicate threats to and vulnerabilities in IT systems, applications, and data and recommend/implement countermeasures to mitigate the risks.
- Administration and implementation of Enterprise Security controls at an operational level ensuring compliance to Information Security Policies.
- Support the Cyber Security Incident Response Team by documenting forensics procedure steps, assessing the damage, and following through with remediation, mitigation and lessons learned.
- Work with the Technical Security Team and external Security vendors on various aspects of the Genesis Enterprise Security Program.
- Research Information- and Cyber Security trends and latest vulnerabilities, and report findings to corresponding stakeholders.
- Assist in the effective implementation of the IT Change Control Management Process to minimize any impact to the production environment.
- Relevant ISO certifications, or three years equivalent work experience
- Any information Security certification (CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- Knowledge of Information Security frameworks (SOC2, ISO27001, etc.)
- Experience with Information Security systems (SIEM, GRC, SOC, etc.)
- Knowledge of Risk Management frameworks
- Experience with Threat Intelligence and corresponding tools and systems
- Strong ability to create and update formal documentation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.