IT 1st/2nd Line Support - London
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role:
Genesis is seeking a highly capable IT 1st / 2nd line Support, who will be responsible for various security aspects.
- Configure, maintain and monitor all aspects of technical security of various endpoint devices
- Daily monitoring of the support/service call logging system
- Daily/weekly monitoring/collection of endpoint audit/activity logs
- Provide 1st / 2nd line technical support, responding to support queries on UK/US/SG sites (within GMT time zone)
- Maintain a high degree of customer service when responding to technical and security support issues
- Take ownership of support issues and seek closure ensuring all relevant support procedures are followed
- Escalate more complex calls to the relevant support internal and external partners. Keep track and follow up till issue is closed
- Install, configure and deploy new and existing hardware in accordance with defined procedures
- Manage procurement of new hardware, including asset logging/tracking and rebuilding of recirculated hardware
- Report regularly key support issues, metrics and trends identified to management.
- IT certification, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years’ experience working on a service desk
- Readiness to pursue various certifications as required by job scope and management
- Working with 3rd party software/solution providers
- Good understanding of IT technical aspects, esp. for various endpoint devices
- Good understanding of PC, Mac, Severs, switchs and firewall hardware
- Wireless configuration and management
- Good knowledge of the following: OSX, iOS, Windows, Linux
- Understanding of integrity and teamwork within a secure environment
- Ability to work remotely during COVID times until London office is reopened
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help, and works great in a team
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.