Operations Associate, Singapore
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Operations Associate, Singapore
Genesis is seeking a motivated and organized Operations Manager to lead the Operations team in our Singapore office. This role reports directly to the VP of Operations based in New York and works closely with all facets of the company, namely the Trading & Compliance teams in Singapore. This will be an exciting role with an opportunity to help build operational processes from the ground up and grow a team of dedicated analysts. The ideal candidate will have some similar experience in a cryptocurrency firm or traditional finance.
- Oversee the settlement and clearing of all trades
- Build and maintain digital currency ledgers and tracking flows
- Manage daily reconciliation of trade blotters and currency balances
- Ensure timely reporting and execution of trading activity
- Hire, train and manage 1-2 Operations Analysts
- Assist in developing strategic and operational frameworks necessary to grow and support business goals
- Assist in optimizing middle- and back-office processes
- Collaborate with system and strategy developers for analysis and debugging of technical issues
- 4-7 years in traditional finance, capital markets and/or digital currencies
- Background in Settlements, Clearing or Middle-office tasks is preferred
- BS in finance, economics or other analytical programs
- Experience with back office functions on a trading desk
- Experience with settlement and clearing processes
- Technical proficiency with Python and SQL experience preferred
- Ability to work with and adopt different software/hardware across multiple platforms
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.