VP, Head of Institutional Sales - APAC
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role: VP, Head of Institutional Sales - APAC
This is a unique opportunity to join a team that’s fast-growing and a leading innovator in the Digital Currency financial ecosystem. The candidate will work closely with the Head of Institutional Sales and will be a leader in driving revenue growth in APAC.
- Increase revenue for Genesis across all product lines
- Build and maintain key relationships in the APAC sales region
- Understand the regional market microstructure
- Appreciate the changing requirements of our institutional clients and consider how Genesis may continue to add value
- Work with Head of Institutional Sales to frame and execute go to market strategy for APAC
- Take lead in growing our regional sales team
- Experience - 8 + years in traditional finance, capital markets and/or digital currencies
- Track record - History of building and maintaining high value institutional relationships
- Context - Strategic understanding of the prime brokerage business model and the types of clients that might benefit the most
- Product knowledge - Strong understanding of trading, lending and derivative/structured products
- Passion – Candidate should have genuine enthusiasm to work in the digital asset industry
- Credible representation - Candidate should be able to serve as an effective ambassador for the firm - expressing themselves effectively in person and in writing
- Leadership - Ability to manage and maintain high performing sales talent
- Team player – Candidate should be able to coordinate tasks, support and respect others and always be ready to help
- Cultural fit – Candidate should be a self-starter, with high integrity and “yes and” mentality.
- Flexible time-off
- Flat organizational structure/ meritocracy
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.