Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About the role
The Procurement Specialist is responsible for purchasing and negotiating services, materials, and supplies from vendors. Evaluates vendor performance, capabilities, pricing, and services to determine most desirable suppliers. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
- Work closely with the different units supporting the business in the execution of engagements for their ongoing activities, enable them to achieve their goals as planned and on time, while ensuring alignment to company’s policy and optimizing ROI.
- Build and maintain strong internal stakeholders’ engagement to understand their procurement and business needs.
- Evaluate existing vendor base, to establish current state. Identify and develop new supply sources.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers to understand their capabilities and product roadmap.
- Analyze and optimize the process related to the spend category through the right choice of procurement tools. Ensure alignment between business strategy and sourcing strategy.
- Set objectives to be achieved through the sourcing strategy and monitor KPIs.
- Lead negotiation with suppliers to acquire competitive pricing, terms, and lead time.
- Evaluate current spend and supplier data and identify improvement opportunities.
- Categorize, and define supplier spend to manage risk, and liability. Design, lead, negotiate, and implement multiyear contracts. (as applicable)
- Maximize “year over year” working capital improvements
- Prioritize highest level of quality and continuity of supply for location / category.
- Support cross-functional efforts to reduce costs, standardize components.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field and/or equivalent proven procurement experience.
- 3- 6 years of experience in procurement or purchasing related role.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Senior buyer/ Procurement Sourcing Manager or Procurement Manager
- Previous experience working with ERP system
- Experience preparing RFI’s, RFP’s and bid agreements. Experience influencing, negotiating, building consensus, and making key decisions.
- Experience working across all layers of the organization, particularly with cross-functional organizations, in a fast-paced environment.
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.