U.S. Legal Entity Controller
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – U.S. Legal Entity Controller
We are looking for an experienced U.S. Legal Entity Controller to join our company based in New York. The Legal Entity Controller is responsible for the financial reporting for the holding company and consolidations. This individual will be reporting into the Director of Finance and be working closely with executives, managers, and parent company.
- Responsible for the month end close and journal entries for holding company
- Assist in preparing of monthly financial reporting packages and key metrics
- Perform consolidations and review intercompany activities to ensure accuracy
- Preparation of the consolidated financial statements
- Assist in reviewing expense allocation policy and methodology
- Assist in establishing and implementing processes that will ensure the timely and accurate accounting treatment of all transactions under U.S. GAAP
- Maintain the chart of accounts and ensure the legal entity structure is updated
- Support the Finance team to ensure all internal control related initiatives are in complaint
- Work closely with other areas within Finance and other divisions within the company
- Ensure policies and procedures are documented as well as accounting policy election
- Perform monthly and quarterly balance sheet and income statement variance analysis
- Support and coordinate internal and external audits
- Assist with finance related ad hoc and automation projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA required
- 6-8 years of accounting experience in financial services and/or public accounting
- Experience with financial reporting and corporate accounting
- Experience with U.S. GAAP
- Basic understanding of regulatory rules and regulations
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task with good time management skills to meet multiple reporting deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.