Head of Infrastructure
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Head of Infrastructure
Genesis Trading is seeking a Head of Infrastructure to design, build, and run a distributed, highly available infrastructure platform capable of supporting 24x7 trading and prime services at a scale with an emphasis on security and correctness. The Head of Infrastructure will report to the CTO and work alongside other engineering leaders to structure the engineering team to best support business goals.
- Architecture infrastructure in support of real-time, highly available distributed system at scale
- Improve observability, define and measure SLOs
- Guide teams on cloud infrastructure design principles to help them design reliable and resilient solutions as per SLOs
- Manage team to ensure operational readiness and handle production support, change management, and on-call rotation in accordance with SLOs
- Lead with an automation mind-set by developing necessary tools to eliminate repetitive manual processes
- Rapidly scale infrastructure engineering team as necessary while attracting high quality talent
- Experience writing software and automation tools with Python, Go, Java, C#, or other high-level programming language
- Knowledge of observability concepts like tracing, metrics, monitoring, logging, and observability tools like Datadog, Splunk, Kibana, Grafana, etc.
- Experience with one of the major cloud providers (GCP, Azure, AWS), infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation), containers, orchestration, and configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Operates with a security first mindset; works closely with the security team to build a zero-trust environment
- Understands the right balance between shipping quickly and perfection
- Proven ability to recruit and mentor senior engineers (networking, DevOps, SRE) to support continued growth
- Experience with cryptocurrency technology is a plus
- Available to work from NYC office at least 1-2 days per week
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit Benefits, & Other Supplemental Benefits Available
- Flexible Time Off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.