Risk Manager, Operations (Singapore)
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
- Work with front line units to ensure day to day activities operate in compliance with laws, rules, and regulations of the covered region.
- Monitor the effectiveness of front-line risk controls, cultivate a challenger mindset, and find opportunities to improve and streamline existing processes within the organization.
- Using risk analysis to understand how losses were incurred, determine lessons learned and identify root causes.
- Governance and oversight may include (not limited to) technology operational risk, cyber risk for example.
- Develops and maintains operational risk policies and standards and/or provides oversight of policies, standards and procedures to ensure regulatory and operational risk requirements are appropriately addressed, inclusive of conduct risk as applicable
- Escalating operational risk events and issues (including breaches and near-breaches of relevant risk appetite tolerance and limits) as appropriate, with relevant context and risk assessment.
- Reviews and challenges internal and external operational loss events, including development of remediation plans to strengthen controls, and approves where appropriate.
- Analyze operational risk events, identify root causes, and produce concise write-ups identifying the issues and offering plans of remediation.
- Identify and implement process improvement and automation opportunities, Ensuring the effective execution of operational risk assessments.
- Assisting in the implementation and management of the operational risk management program objectives and requirements, including policy and procedure development, credible challenge, issue management and technology enhancements.
- Support central analysis and reporting regarding Genesis's operational risk profile, including the subcategories of operational risk
- Minimum of 3 years in operation, risk management, internal audit or comparable experience; preferably in the Fintech industry
- An innate ability to identify issues and work them to closure, including remediation and escalation where appropriate.
- Effectively respond to shifting priorities and assignments.
- Exceptional relationship management skills; must be able to address and resolve conflict while maintaining relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex topics to a broad audience, and independently assess risks and drive actions to address the root causes that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed practices.
- Programming knowledge and systems implementation experience is a bonus.
- Works independently with latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Genesis, its clients and assets.
- Experience in risk mitigation, process and control design, process improvement, re-engineering and/or developing automation solutions will be highly valued.
- Bachelor's degree in business-related field from an accredited college or university; advanced degree a plus.
- Global experiences
- Generous time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.