Associate, Compliance Training Program Lead - New York
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role - Associate, Compliance Training Program Lead – New York
Genesis Trading is seeking a Compliance Training Program Lead, with a strong background in developing and implementing training programs, reporting directly to the Compliance Chief of Staff. The Associate will focus on the design, implementation and continuous development of the Global Compliance Training Program.
- Conduct evaluations of the various business lines to determine specialized training needs for each area to ensure compliance with global financial industry laws and regulations
- Create, develop, and implement content for training programs tailored to the specific business lines of the organization
- Develop and maintain written training plan
- Work with third-party training providers to incorporate relevant training modules into the Genesis Compliance Training Program
- Develop and deliver live training sessions on relevant topics when and where necessary
- Coordinate with Genesis Compliance staff in EMEA and APAC to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in each jurisdiction
- Create a process for supervising and monitoring progress made via training programs including metrics and tracking of remediation
- Maintain records of training for internal audit and regulatory review
- Liaise with Legal Department to stay abreast of all changes to laws and regulations affecting the business to ensure appropriate incorporation into training modules whether live or digital
- Organize regular meetings with management to discuss progress and effectiveness of established training program
- Multi-task and have the ability to manage and advance multiple projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Accounting/Finance or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred
- At least 5 years experience in Compliance, preferably in a FINRA member firm or SEC regulated organization
- Experience developing training programs, particularly in the Compliance space
- Strong working knowledge of SEC, FINRA, CFTC, and DFS regulations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience interacting with business side and senior management
- Quick learner who can adapt well to a fluid regulatory and business environment.
- AML Certification (ACAMS) or other AML / Compliance certification preferred
- Experience in a Fintech or Cryptocurrencies will be highly advantageous
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.