Quantitative Developer/Risk Engineer
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role: Quantitative Developer/Risk Engineer
Genesis Global Trading is seeking a strong Quantitative Developer/Risk Engineer to join the Risk Group. You will be pivotal in building out our risk function and managing all aspects of risk. This is a unique opportunity to grow your career with the team while building the next generation of research and central risk engines for Genesis..
- Building a robust, scalable central risk management infrastructure including pnl attribution, risk modeling components, tail loss estimation and simulation.
- Implement state-of-the art performance analytics and risk decomposition applications
- Ingest, evaluate and transform alternative large data sets relevant to risk and performance analysis
- Developing robust data checking, transformation and storage procedures
- Building visualization tools and monitors for market/credit/trade/position/risk
- Design and implement risk mitigation policies and procedures
- Develop tail risk estimation methods
- Partner with risk managers and core engineers to devise next gen risk management solutions for firm's business activities
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience in a collaborative environment
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or other quantitative discipline
- Fluency in Python (and its ecosystem) for data analytics and research
- Experience working with SQL and historical time series data
- Experience working with real time data/systems preferred
- Quantitative and statistical skills preferred
- Experience in Risk Management is preferred
- Team player with strong pride of ownership
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.