VP, Strategy & Corporate Development
Founded in 2013, Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans, and transactions monthly.
With offices in New York, London, and Singapore, we provide a single point of access for digital asset trading in spot and derivatives, borrowing and lending, custody, as well as prime brokerage services.
Genesis has a proven track record driving results for the largest hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, asset managers, banks, family offices, venture capital firms, exchanges, and other market participants from both crypto and traditional finance.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – VP, Strategy and Corporate Development
This is a unique opportunity to work closely with the Head of Strategy & Corporate Development, as well as all Genesis business lines and the broader leadership team, to shape the future of a leading franchise in the digital asset space.
Partner with the Head of Strategy & Corporate Development to:
- Build the Strategy & Corporate Development team, its core capabilities, operating procedures, and analytical frameworks
- Drive the strategic development of Genesis, contribute to the formulation of long-term strategy, support the annual planning process
- Identify and execute potential acquisitions or partnerships in support of corporate and business-level strategy
- Generate actionable insights on the size & growth of the digital asset market, changing client behaviors, and the competitor landscape, in order to inform strategic decision-making
- Lead strategic projects that span multiple business lines and / or functions, conduct detailed analysis, coordinate stakeholders, ensure timely delivery of project deliverables
- Support the operating rhythm of the management team, conduct recurring or ad-hoc analysis of operating performance, track KPIs and business performance relative to strategic goals
- Structure partnerships and joint initiatives with key ecosystem players (including with DCG and its other wholly owned businesses) and market infrastructure providers (including exchanges, electronic trading platforms, aggregators, multi-dealer trading platforms, EMS, OMS, data & analytics providers)
- Establish collaborative relationships with senior Genesis leaders, industry participants, investment banks, and other external partners or advisers
- 7 years of relevant work experience in strategy, planning, corporate development, or business management, in financial services, capital markets, or institutional financial technology
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field
- Strategic thinker with advanced analytical skills
- Deep understanding of market structure in traditional finance and digital assets
- Knowledge of trends and key players in the crypto landscape, in both CeFi and DeFi
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills, experience using various valuation methodologies and financial analysis frameworks to quantify the financial merits of strategic options
- Experience leading project management of complex workstreams spanning multiple functions or business lines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills, ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Excellent planning, prioritization, and time management skills
- Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
- MBA or similar qualification
- Professional experience, or high degree of interest, in the digital asset industry
- Experience with a top-tier consulting firm or in-house strategy function
- A high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Excited about the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to build a best-in-class Strategy department
- Appetite for taking initiative in a hyper-growth environment
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.