VP/Senior Associate, Derivative Market Risk
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role: VP/Senior Associate, Derivative Market Risk
Genesis is seeking a VP/Senior Associate, Derivative Market Risk with a strong background in market risk evaluation, reporting directly to the VP – Market Risk. The VP/Senior Associate, Derivative Market Risk will focus on determining and monitoring risk exposures on trading portfolios and address market risk issues as they arise. The VP/Senior Associate will be responsible for designing, prototyping, validating, augmenting, and managing the implementation of market risk related initiatives with a focus on derivatives.
- Monitor/research market risk exposures in trading portfolios, and address market risk issues (including backtesting exceptions and portfolio breaks) in timely manner.
- Engage all stakeholders to raise awareness of Crypto Markets or product-specific risks and how these are managed by the Risk Department.
- Drive a consistent interpretation and application of Traded Risk Management policies.
- Participate in, implement, and deliver new initiatives/projects.
- Ensure that the Risk Management Framework is effectively communicated and implemented, and portfolio limits or other constraining parameters are in place.
- Be alert to significant market movement or material events and provide timely analysis and recommended actions.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to identify limitations in the existing risk frameworks and recommend remediations to senior management and various committees.
- Mitigate risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors
- Broad experiences in risk management models and methodologies. Bonus point for experiences related to curve extrapolation and interpolation.
- Multi-year experiences with risk limit setting framework and monitoring procedures
- Good knowledge of different asset classes, familiarity with derivatives including futures, options, structured products is a plus.
- Knowledge of exchange functionality, margining and market structure
- High level of quantitative background and computer literacy, ability to work effectively with any programming languages.
- Demonstration of strong ethical behavior.
- Diligent, detail oriented and able to function under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Outstanding critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Highly interested in Crypto markets.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar job functions.
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.