Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Database Administrator
Genesis Trading is seeking a Database Administrator who will be part of the engineering team that designs, implements, and maintains the Genesis Prime platform.
- Design, implement, and support database systems, as well as database back-up, recovery, security, archiving, and conversion strategies
- Collaborate with application development teams on various database issues and take a lead role in problem resolution
- Collaborate and consult with application development teams to determine database/system platform selection, efficient database design, and access
- Provide technical assistance and mentorship to staff in all areas of database support
- Design, implement, and maintain physical database structures and associated network and system configurations
- Manage data, maintaining data integrity, using effective utility and disk management procedures
- Monitor database and replication servers for resource utilization
- Architect HA/DR solutions for high-frequency, latent-sensitive transactions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in design and administration of logical and relational databases or systems analysis
- Familiar with cloud-based PaaS database solutions, Postgres, timescale
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred
- Data Modeling experience in large/very-large databases
- Experience with Postgres on AWS or other cloud
- Experience with Time-Series databases in general, Postgres/Timescale
- Experience with time-sensitive modeling, including bi-temporality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing confidential information
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit Benefits, & Other Supplemental Benefits Available
- Flexible Time Off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.