Senior Internal Auditor
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About the Role
The Senior Internal Auditor with be responsible for:
- Executing financial and operational audit programs that target high-risk areas in the company’s controls, systems, and processes.
- Participating in audit planning activities (i.e., risk assessment), completing fieldwork, preparing audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Conducting walkthroughs with process owners/Management to evaluate audit scoping and existing control environment and developing Risk and Control Matrix.
- Identifying gaps and areas for improvement and evaluating their significance and potential business impact to improve process effectiveness.
- Presenting practical recommendations to senior leaders and preparing written audit reports to document audit findings.
- Tracking and monitoring Management remediation status for regulatory, audit and third-party issues and performing validation testing.
- Assisting in testing the control design and operating effectiveness of the Company’s ICFR controls and working with Management to ensure remediation is implemented for deficiencies identified.
- Collaborating with and educating process owners regarding the importance of maintaining strong internal controls and the role of Internal Audit.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Management Information Systems or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of risk-based external or internal audit experience in public accounting, financial services or cryptocurrency company.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or CISSP certification earned or in progress or other relevant certification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that accurately and clearly summarize issues and present solutions in an understandable and logical manner.
- Strong multi-tasking, problem solving, quick learning and project management skills. ·
- Good knowledge of risks, controls in business, as well as command of GAAP and COSO framework.
- Knowledge of BSA/AML and NYDFS standards is a plus.
- Experience with auditing leveraging the use of data analysis tools is a plus.
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.