VP, Spot Operations
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About this Role – VP, Spot Operations
Genesis is seeking a motivated and organized Vice President to lead the Spot trading Operations team. This role reports directly to the Director of Operations and works closely with all facets of the company, including the trading desk, finance, and risk. The VP of operations will lead a group of associates and analysts to efficiently manage all day-to-day settlements, reconciliation, liquidity management, counterparty support, technology implementations, and more. This hire is an exciting role with an opportunity to help build operational processes and continue to grow the Operations team. The ideal candidate will have considerable experience in a similar role at a cryptocurrency firm and/or traditional finance.
· Manage a team of analysts and associates globally, and hire and train new members as needed
· Oversee efficient settlement and clearing of all digital asset and cash/fx spot trades
· Build and maintain digital currency and cash management reconciliation systems
· Implement technology improvements and solutions supporting settlement operations
· Assist in developing strategic frameworks to implement and enhance business goals
· Maintain operational metrics and risk assessments
· Develop regulatory frameworks to support compliance in a growing business
- 5 – 7 years of experience in cryptocurrency markets, traditional finance trading desk, and capital markets
- Must have a background in Trading Operations
- BS/BA in Finance, Economics, or another analytical program
- Experience with settlement, reconciliation, and other back-office functions
- Experience with trading desk processes
- Technical proficiency with SQL experience is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Thoughtful leadership and team-building skills
- High energy and self-starter attitude to drive success
- Willingness and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.