Institutional Custody Specialist
New York, NY, USA
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $45 billion in 2020. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Institutional Custody Specialist
Genesis Global Trading is seeking an Institutional Custody Specialist to lead the Custody sales and business development initiatives. The specialist will work alongside the Business, Custody, and Legal departments to develop a Custody business framework, strengthen the Prime Brokerage offering and innovate on the product side. Genesis is looking for a highly motivated and technical person to lead and execute on initiatives to completion.
- Lead the Custody business development and corporate initiatives efforts
- Identify potential partnerships to expand the custody business and improve the interconnectivity with other Prime Brokerage products
- Consider competitive landscape and Genesis's positioning within it
- Develop and execute the custody business proposals to institutional investors, and manage the solutions to completion
- Build partnerships based on a well-defined strategy, and run point on the custody relationships
- Take the lead on custody pricing and contracts management
- Be responsible for educating the internal stakeholder and clients on the Custody product and all relevant technologies and innovations
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or a related field.
- Five years of experience in the Crypto Custody product and sales areas.
- Proven track of leading large Custody-related initiatives to completion.
- Extensive experience in custody wallet types, setups, and schemes.
- Familiarity with HSM farm setups and schemes, Custody API setups, and Aspects of Key Management.
- Understanding of Custody OpSec (Operations Security) principles and various multisig schemes and principles like chain-proprietary, smart contract-based and MPC.
- Knowledge of the Crypto regulatory landscape.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $40 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 400%+ Y/Y trading volume growth to $20.7 billion in trades
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth to $19 billion in originations
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth to $3.9 billion in active loans outstanding
→ 400%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth to $5.9 billion in transactions
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.