Head of Trust
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About this Role – Head of Genesis Trust Company
We are looking for a Head of Genesis Trust to join our company to establish and lead Genesis Trust Company, a newly formed entity within Genesis. The Head of Genesis Trust will provide hands-on execution and leadership of the entire Trust Company. This individual will be responsible for overseeing Genesis’s Trust Company’s custody operations, financials, business development, legal, compliance and security functions. The Head of Genesis Trust will report to the COO and work closely with executives both within the Trust company and the parent company.
- Manage senior stakeholders, chief financial officer, chief information officer, and other executives to ensure Genesis Trust meets the high standards of customer care and provide safe and sound custody of their assets.
- Formulate and implement the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business or organization.
- Enforce strong adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the cryptocurrency markets and digital asset custody specifically
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing.
- Work with the executive board to determine values and mission for Genesis Trust.
- Create, communicate, and implement the organization's vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Ensure the company is staffed with well-trained, quality, and engaged employees at all times; works closely with the executive management team to develop effective hiring, training, and compensation plans to retain our quality talent; and leads and mentors’ staff, engaging and empowering them to be successful in serving customers.
- Represent company at important business functions, community events, industry training and events, and networking opportunities.
- Extensive knowledge of NYDFS and OCC banking laws and regulations.
- Strong knowledge in cryptocurrency and digital asset custody
- Strong understanding of cryptocurrency custody and the current market environment
- 15+ years of relevant experience leading a senior management team
- Extremely strong communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships across the organization.
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.