Information Security Associate
New York, NY, USA
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role - Information Security Associate
Genesis is seeking a highly capable Information Security Associate, who will be responsible for wide variety of Information Security tasks. This role requires certain experience and deep understanding of Information Security frameworks, standards and best practices.
- Work with various teams in producing Information Security Policies and Procedures, and monitor the lifecycle of those documents to develop company-wide best practices and standards for Information Security
- Liaise with external auditors and internal auditing team as part of Genesis auditing program
- Collaborate with Compliance, Operations, Technology, Legal, Finance and Executive teams on various cross-domain aspects of Information Security
- Interact with various internal and external teams on achieving and maintaining diversity of certifications and attestations, while de-facto leading the certification process
- Be a member of Incident Response Team, by documenting forensics procedure steps, assessing the damage, and following through with remediation, mitigation and lessons learned
- Work with internal Security Team and external Security vendors on various aspects of Genesis Security Program
- Research Information Security trends and latest discoveries, and report findings to corresponding stakeholders
- Perform threat monitoring and corresponding due diligence
- Manage Change Control and Risk Management systems and processes throughout their entire lifecycle
- Conduct Threat and Risk Assessments
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Any information Security certification (CISSP, CISM, etc.)
- Knowledge of Information Security frameworks (SOC2, ISO27001, etc.)
- Experience with BCDR and IRP - both building and maintenance
- Experience with Information Security systems (SIEM, GRC, SOC, etc.)
- Experience with implementation of various advanced Information Security methodologies, throughout various teams - including team members and managers buy-ins
- Experience in achieving and maintaining various Information Security certifications and attestations
- Strong ability to create and update formal documentation
- Experience with Threat Intelligence and corresponding tools and systems
- Knowledge of Risk Management frameworks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help, and works great in a team
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with an eye for detail
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.