Institutional Sales VP, Hong Kong
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – APAC Institutional Sales VP, Hong Kong
This is a unique opportunity to join the international expansion of a leading franchise in the Digital Assets financial ecosystem. The candidate will work closely with the Head of APAC Sales and regional teams to acquire and develop relationships with both crypto-native and traditional finance clients in the APAC region.
- Increase revenues across entire Genesis franchise and all product lines in the APAC region with a focus on Greater China/ North Asia.
- Take lead in building the regional pipeline and developing sales strategy.
- Acquire and drive continued APAC client relationships with a focus on Greater China/ North Asia.
- Represent Genesis products and services externally in client meetings and at regional industry events.
- Understand regional crypto market microstructure and evolving regional competitor landscape.
- Professional experience of at least 7+ years in capital markets, of which
- 5 years in either Great China or North Asia client regions, and of which
- 1 year working in digital currencies.
- Strong understanding of the complexities and idiosyncrasies of APAC and its opportunities from a global view.
- Strong understanding of the sales process - generating leads, building relationships, and closing deals.
- Strategic understanding of the prime brokerage business model, its value proposition, and its client segments.
- Strong knowledge of trading, lending, and derivatives/ structured products.
- Leadership ability in developing high performing sales talent.
- Professional experience of at least 2+ years in a prime brokerage business.
- Professional experience of at least 3+ years working with HNW/ Family Office client segments.
- Professional exposure to infrastructure builds and/or high frequency trading.
- Chinese language skills.
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time (subject to current entry requirements), if necessary.
- Genuine enthusiasm for the digital asset industry.
- Passion and purpose in building new businesses and developing markets.
- Agility and appetite for taking new initiatives in a fast-developing environment.
- Producer mindset.
- Intrinsic drive for high standards.
- Professionalism and credible representation in serving as an effective ambassador of the franchise.
- Collaborative attitude with support and respect for others.
- Global experiences
- Generous time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 400%+ Y/Y trading volume growth to $20.7 billion in trades
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth to $19 billion in originations
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth to $3.9 billion in active loans outstanding
→ 400%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth to $5.9 billion in transactions
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.