Senior People Business Partner
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Senior People Business Partner
Genesis' People Team is growing, and we are adding an experienced Human Resources Business Partner to the group. We are looking for someone with a track record of influencing, guiding, and supporting complex client groups as an HRBP or through specialized areas of Human Capital. The ideal candidate will be customer focused, innovative, results-oriented, and organizationally savvy. HR professionals who enjoy helping an organization grow, building relationships, defining strategies, and influencing positive outcomes will excel in this role.
This person will be a key member of the leadership team, reporting to the Head of People and responsible for covering the Technology and other corporate functions globally (with a presence in the US, UK and Singapore).
- Serve as a trusted business partner across Technology and other corporate functions, at all levels
- Partner with the Head of People to create and support strategic initiatives
- Drive Human Capital initiatives across the employee life-cycle, including: performance reviews, promotion cycles and compensation reviews
- Handle matters that span multiple disciplines, including: employee relations, immigration, benefits, compensation, recruiting, L&D programs and onboarding/offboarding while ensuring strict compliance requirements are met
- Partner with leadership on diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging programs
- Develop strategies, manages and executes key deliverables and influences results to effectively scale Genesis’ key business objectives
- 10+ years’ experience in a variety of HR roles in financial services, technology, or other growing companies
- A broad understanding of HR programs, including: coaching, performance management, employee relations, recruiting, immigration, training and development
- Self-starter with the ability to build credibility quickly, influence at a high-level and establish meaningful relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as presence through video communication
- Extremely comfortable working independently with an ability to shape direction and outcomes
- A team-first mindset, someone who believes we win as a team and is willing to be selfless
- A business builder, someone who can excel in highly nebulous, fast-paced environments with tremendous autonomy – a “get it done” mindset
- Strong analytical skills, and an ability to synthesize data into action
- Strong command of Microsoft Suite, with a focus on Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and expertise leveraging data (VLOOKUP’s, Pivot Tables, formula writing abilities required)
- Excited about the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to build a company
- A consensus builder who is constantly thinking of the needs of the business
- Gravitas, persuasive, self-confident; and a demonstrated ability to quickly establish rapport and build relationships with executive and senior management
- Results-oriented leader with the ability to set clear goals and execute
- Strong work ethic and a sense of urgency - will flourish in a demanding work environment
- Highly analytical - comfortable leading with data and using it to influence outcomes
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.