Network Security Engineer - Custody
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Network Security Engineer - Custody
Genesis Custody is seeking a talented and skilled network security engineer to join the Genesis technology team. The primary responsibilities will be to provide architectural and hands-on expertise for a diverse set of network security projects including but not limited to firewall, web proxies, and DDoS mitigation and instill practices that are easy to maintain. The network security engineer may also be required to lead and support information security projects by researching, documenting, and assisting with the implementation of network security products. The network security engineer should possess extensive knowledge of security policy administration on various network security products and work closely with the architecture teams to evaluate the security readiness of new features and functionalities in the custody platform.
- Install, configure, maintain and support routers, switches, firewalls & proxies.
- Participate in design sessions with development team.
- Service as point of contact for technical and administrative escalations.
- Conduct security research in keeping abreast of latest security issues.
- Review and recommend architectural & security improvements
- Troubleshoot production impacting issues providing timely solutions
- Lead routine risk and vulnerability assessments.
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area
- Experience with Palo Alto, Sonicwall, & Check point firewalls
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP suite of protocols (including IPv6) and APIs
- Thorough understanding of the security protocols (e.g IPSec, TLS, SSL)
- Deep understanding of network threat models
- Strong network troubleshooting skills
- Solid understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Knowledge of cryptography and blockchain protocols a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.