Vice President, Risk Research
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role - VP, Risk Research
Genesis Trading is seeking a VP Risk Research with a strong background in emerging trends within the digital asset space (e.g. Web 3.0 and NFTs), reporting directly to Director, Quantitative Risk. The VP Risk Research will evaluate and research trends and opportunities in the blockchain and cryptocurrency space. In this role, you will perform research, valuations and appraisals of cryptocurrencies, markets, and businesses and interact with other team members to deliver quality investment directives to our customers and business.
- Develop market-leading expertise on individual crypto assets and blockchains and DeFi protocols.
- Conduct fundamental primary research on blockchain technologies/protocols and cryptocurrencies involving protocol breakdowns, calls with leading technologists / startups in the blockchain/crypto space, and more
- Complete due diligence on protocols and their opportunities
- Build financial models for prospective cryptocurrency investments with illustrative value creation and returns analytics
- Monitor daily events, news flow, competitive dynamics, risk metrics (e.g., beta, factor exposures, asset allocation tilts) across the blockchain/crypto space
- Support the overall development and implementation of quantitative models with emphasis on risk management, reporting, controls and transparency.
- Speak with clients who have detailed questions about these assets and topics, and contribute to larger risk management effort
- Create technical and product explainers
- Passionate interest in Crypto, Digital Assets, and Decentralized Finance
- Deep understanding of different blockchain-related concepts and functionalities of DeFi protocols
- On-Chain Analytics
- Keep up with latest research papers, news and product offerings in the crypto space
- Ability to teach and explain complex financial and mathematical concepts to others
- Broad knowledge in risk management models and methodologies.
- High level of quantitative background and computer literacy, ability to work effectively with programming languages.
- Diligent, detail oriented and able to function under pressure.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Outstanding critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- 3+ years of experience in financial services, investment management, or crypto research, ideally as an analyst, strategist, or specialist.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.