Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – OFAC/Sanctions Officer
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic OFAC/Sanctions Officer who will work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) in New York. The candidate will be instrumental in helping to build control frameworks within Genesis’ compliance team and maintain our OFAC Sanctions Program.
- Support Genesis in implementing and enhancing its global OFAC Compliance Policy and related control framework
- Drive discussions around how to build better tools for the Sanctions Program relevant to digital assets.
- ·Ensure that sanctions screening is comprehensive; that alert review and escalations processes are in place and that lists used in screening are appropriate and current.
- Create new tools, dashboards, and processes to ensure full compliance with the Sanctions Program.
- File OFAC reports of rejected or blocked transactions in accordance with OFAC reporting requirements, and submit other sanctions-related regulatory reporting as necessary.
- At the direction of the CCO, participate in the annual OFAC risk assessment including the implementation of corrective action plans.
- Coordinate sanctions-related activities with colleagues in the UK and Singapore.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Operations, Finance, and Legal as necessary
- Maintain subject matter expertise in sanctions regulations and sanctions compliance best practices.
- Participate, as appropriate, in discussions with industry and regulatory bodies related to sanctions compliance best practices.
- Coordinate with and serve as point-of-contact for audits and regulatory examinations of the sanctions compliance program; represent Genesis in meetings with regulators related to sanctions compliance and sanctions program controls.
- A minimum of 8 years of sanctions experience with at digital assets/crypto currency experience strongly preferred
- Experience leading in OFAC Sanctions Advisory or Operations teams
- Hands-on experience in reviewing and assessing OFAC sanctions-related cases
- An active ACAMS certification would be beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with digital assets and cryptocurrencies
- Experience directly managing or leading a compliance team
- Training on blockchain analytics tools such as Elliptic or Chainalysis
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.