KYC EDD Lead
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – KYC EDD Lead
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic KYC EDD Lead who will work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and AML Officer in New York. The candidate will be instrumental in helping to provide and continue Genesis’ commitment to the highest standards of regulatory and financial crime compliance.
- Day-to-day management of the team reviewing customer onboarding cases for complex legal entity types
- Collaborate and provide KYC subject matter expertise across teams including Technology, Operations, and the Business in strategic efforts to improve monitoring, case management, and reporting processes.
- Enhancement of management reporting of risk indicators and workflow metrics for consumption by senior management
- Participate in internal and external training programs related to AML/CFT and other subjects that may form part of the day-to-day work requirements
- Develop and maintain procedural documentation and training materials in alignment with internal policies relevant to Know Your Customer policies and procedures.
- Serve as point of contact for audits and regulatory examinations of the KYC program;
- Maintain subject matter expertise in best practices related to KYC, EDD and financial crime compliance risks.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in financial crimes compliance at a regulated financial institution
- CAMS certification a plus
- Familiarity with digital assets and cryptocurrencies
- Knowledge of KYC systems, productsm, and processes
- Familiarity with more complex legal entities, including best practices for customer due diligence (CDD) and enhanced due diligence (EDD) standards relevant to digital assets
- Proven people management skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills, good organizational and time management skills
- Quick learner who can adapt well to a fluid regulatory and business environment.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.