Vice President of Business and Enterprise Risk
New York, NY, USA
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Vice President of Business and Enterprise Risk
- Establish overall governance framework and risk appetite of organization
- Lead oversight of enterprise risk management framework with focus on enterprise risk identification, measurement, mitigation, monitoring, and reporting to management.
- Coordinate and drive accountability between different lines of business including operations, legal, compliance, IT, security, third parties, and trading
- Oversee and monitor ad-hoc program and initiative status and identify issues/risks and proactively resolve the issues
- Maintain and update documentation to be compliant with internal policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements
- Multitask, prioritize, and manage portfolio of complex cross-functional programs and projects
- Manage product and coin offering and liaise with departments on compliance and feasibility of products
- Create strategic roadmap for organization and implement metrics and reporting
- Being a high visibility leader to drive organizational change and guide the business to a successful future state.
- Advanced degree preferable Masters or MBA
- Eight or more years of relevant work experience in financial services or management consulting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that accurately and clearly summarize issues and present solutions in an understandable and logical manner.
- Strong leadership and management skills with abilities to manage complex projects and dynamics
- Comfort working in high growth, constant changing environment.
- Knowledge of data analytics
- Ability to tackle issues through hands on approach to deliver creative solutions
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.