Manager - IT Audit Specialist
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role: Manager - IT Audit Specialist
- Leading and executing risk-based technology audits or integrated audits in support of various businesses, including review of IT infrastructure, cyber security, existing production applications, systems, etc.
- Coordinating with co-sourced providers on audit engagement scoping, testing, and reporting to ensure timely execution of the technology audit programs.
- Assessing the design and operating effectiveness of IT controls to identify control deficiencies and evaluating the significance and potential impacts to improve process effectiveness.
- Presenting practical recommendations to Management and preparing written audit reports to document control deficiencies identified and recommendations.
- Tracking and monitoring the remediation status of management action plans to ensure remediation is implemented for deficiencies identified timely.
- Participating in annual risk assessments to identify and assess technology risks and assisting in developing annual audit plan.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of technology initiatives and processes to identify areas of increasing and emerging technology risks; escalating risk issues as appropriate, following up on solutions and proposing specific coverage.
- Providing advisory services on new and changing products and systems.
- Partnering with various IT organizations (e.g., engineering, product development, information security) to assist with special projects, risk assessments, system implementations, etc.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Systems, Cybersecurity, or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in performing and leading complex IT/IS, IT infrastructure, and/or Cybersecurity audits within public accounting, financial services, or cryptocurrency industry.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP certification earned or in progress or other relevant certification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that accurately and clearly summarize issues and present solutions in an understandable and logical manner.
- Strong project management, technical problem solving and data analytical skills.
- Experience with FINRA and NYDFS Part 500 regulatory compliance requirements.
- Good knowledge of risks, IT system/applications controls and emerging technologies.
- Strong Work Ethic and high degree of energy
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.