ICFR Manager - Internal Audit
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role: ICFR Manager - Internal Audit
- Leading and/or executing day-to-day activities of ICFR Compliance Program and supporting the business by driving and/or assisting in key operational excellence initiatives and improvements in internal controls
- Coordinating with co-sourced providers, external auditors, and Management on ICFR scoping, testing, and reporting to ensure timely execution of the ICFR Compliance Program.
- Conducting walkthroughs with process owners/Management to evaluate ICFR scoping and identify changes to existing internal controls in place.
- Assisting in testing the design and operating effectiveness of the Company’s ICFR controls and work with management to identify control deficiencies and evaluate the significance and potential business impacts to improve process effectiveness.
- Tracking and monitoring the remediation status of management action plans to ensure remediation is implemented for deficiencies identified timely.
- Preparing dashboards/reports on ICFR Compliance Program status and results for presentation to executive management and Committee
- Collaborating with and educating process owners regarding the importance of maintaining strong ICFR compliance and the role of internal audit.
- Being a high visibility leader to drive organizational change and guide the business to a successful future state.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Management Information Systems or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience performing operational/IT and/or Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR) compliance audits within public accounting, financial services or cryptocurrency industry.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP certification earned or in progress or other relevant certification.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that accurately and clearly summarize issues and present solutions in an understandable and logical manner.
- Strong project management, problem solving and multitasking skills.
- Experience with FINRA and NYDFS Part 200.14b regulatory compliance requirements.
- Good knowledge of risks, controls in both business and IT system/applications, as well as command of GAAP, COSO and/or COBIT control framework.
- Experience with auditing leveraging the use of data analysis tools is a plus.
- Knowledge of BSA/AML and OFAC is plus.
- Strong Work Ethic and high degree of energy
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.