Money Laundering Reporting Officer
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role: Money Laundering Reporting Officer
Genesis is seeking a Money Laundering Reporting Officer with a strong background in AML compliance, reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer. The incoming MLRO will be tasked with building proactive relationships with the FCA, as well as continuing our efforts in meeting regulatory requirements and developments. The successful candidate will work closely with other stakeholders both locally and internationally to ensure that our UK regulatory efforts align with the broader group’s regulatory strategy, and vice-versa, where applicable. The role is well suited to someone seeking a new challenge in an emerging asset class that is happy to draw on a combination of extensive compliance experience and first principles-based thinking.
- Oversee the Genesis Custody compliance programme
- Ensure continuous compliance with the Money Laundering Regulations and all aspects of the firm’s registration with the FCA
- Oversee the management of regulatory examinations and compliance independent reviews / external audits
- Provide strategic, actionable advice and guidance to the business on JMLSG, FCA, UK Bribery Act, relevant Sanctions lists, and any other applicable rules and guidance
- Prepare and submit regulatory reporting in support of any licenses as well as compiling the annual MLRO report and REP-CRIM
- Oversee KYC/CDD and AML/CTF checks conducted by both outsourced and local compliance staff
- Work closely with AML Compliance staff in New York and Singapore to ensure compatibility and cohesion with firmwide policies and procedures
- Review, assess and enhance compliance policies and procedures and the compliance monitoring programme to reflect regulatory developments and best practices
- Investigate and, when required, make Suspicious Activity Reports to the NCA (and any other regulators, as required).
- Collaborate with the Legal function to respond to law enforcement requests
- Help determine which cryptocurrencies and products the UK entity should support and carry out
- Provide training to relevant staff on regulatory and legislative requirements, the maintenance of those training records, and the fostering of a compliance culture.
- Build strong relationships with front office, senior management, and third-party vendors to ensure a strong firmwide AML culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Accounting/Finance or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- At least 8 years experience in AML Compliance, including management experience or experience organizing and scaling a team.
- Proven experience gained within a major regulated financial services organization.
- Strong understanding of relevant products and services, including current knowledge of their regulatory requirements.
- Ability to distil and discern important information from regulatory guidance, statutes and regulations, audit findings, and other documents and determine how it impacts the business.
- Experience with cryptocurrencies or financial technology related products is desirable and indeed preferred.
- Self-directed and comfortable owning the UK Compliance function and engaging with senior management/C-suite executives.
- Excellent judgment in discerning issues to be bought to the attention of other senior Compliance personnel and the Chief Compliance Officer; initiative and proactive attitude.
- Strong spirit of collaboration with others in a close-knit team.
- Generous Time Off
- Global Experiences
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.