Associate, Third-Party Risk Management
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Associate, Third-Party Risk Management
The Associate for Third Party Risk Management (“TPRM”), part of Genesis Enterprise Risk Management program, will be responsible for the execution of TPRM processes and reports to the VP, Enterprise and Business Risk.
TPRM identifies, measures, monitors and reports risks and exposures to Genesis by applicable external organizations through; Onboarding (Risk Assessments), Monitoring, Offboarding and Reporting. This role includes oversight and execution of TPRM including managing internal stakeholder relationships, and overall program reporting in relation to the Risk Management Framework and Third Party Risk Management Framework. In addition, the Associate TPRM, will be responsible for performing TPRM risk assessments, risk identification, risk mitigation and issue management across vendors, exchanges, financial market utilities, and other relevant third parties. The candidate should have a strong financial industry background in operational and third-party risk and a deep understanding of Third-Party assessments (Inherent Risk Profiles and Due Diligence) and risk related methodologies.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective collaboration to identify, measure, monitor and manage Third Party risks and controls
- Assist in coordination with key stakeholders across multiple departments to initiate scope and plan Third Party Risk Assessments of new and existing Third-Party engagements (Vendors, FMUs, Exchanges, Counterparties, NFT Market Places, Liquidity Providers, etc)
- Complete Third-Party Risk Assessments and ensure quality of work performed with other analysts
- Oversee risk-based analysis such as communication of identified risks to key stakeholders, organizing remediation action plans, and track and monitor identified Third-Party risks to closure
- Oversee planning due diligence, monitoring and offboarding of Third-Party services
- Assist in the creation and development of standardized reports, templates, and scorecards used to inform management of Third-Party Risk
- Escalate unresolved issues or findings impacting Genesis business to management including recommendation to pursue services level remedies where appropriate
- Maintain an up to date understanding of emerging financial operational, Third Party and regulatory/compliance related information to contribute to the continuous improvement of the Third-Party risk management program.
- Ensure transparency within Genesis by developing standardized report and templates to inform management on third-Party risk and performance
- Assist with audit and regulatory examinations as needed
- Advanced in Microsoft suite, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Third Party tools and risk management solutions
- Experience with GRC systems and tools (LogicGate)
- Experience with data analytics, and data visualizations tools (a plus)
- A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and capacity to excel in a cohesive team environment
- Detailed oriented with the ability to multitask and quickly adapt to changing ne eds and demands
- Excels at analysis, problem solving and strategic alignment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business or other related area
- 3-5 years of experience in Risk Management, Third Party Risk, Operations, Auditing, Consulting or equivalent
- 3+ years of direct work experience in Third-Party Risk Management, Vendor Risk Management, Procurement, or financial services industries
- Expertise and knowledge of regulatory requirements regarding Third-Party Management for Financial Institutions including, including experience working with regulators (SEC, FINRA, FCA, MAS)
- Knowledge of Broker Dealers, Financial Holding Companies, Exchanges and other types of financial institutions
- Knowledge of Best Practice COSO, FFIEC, ISO and Sig Light Third-Party Implementation
- 100% Premium Coverage for Medical, Dental, & Vision for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Tax-Free Transit benefits, & other supplemental benefits available
- Flexible time off
- Generous Parental Leave
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.