Software Engineer - Custody
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Software Engineer - Custody
Genesis Custody is seeking a talented Software Engineer with experience building API based microservices. The Software Engineer will report directly to the VP, Custody Technology and focus on expanding the custody platform. A solid understanding of Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies is required and experience with developing in this field would be favorable. Primary development language is TypeScript however an understanding of other languages is preferred for interpreting relevant blockchain code.
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area (M.S. degree preferred) or relevant experience
- 3+ years development experience in digital currencies
- 3+ years development experience using TypeScript
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming and design
- Solid understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Solid understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with SDLC processes
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with NodeJS
- Experience with GraphQL and PostgreSQL
- Good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of cryptography and blockchain protocols
- Participate in design sessions with development team
- Design and implement reliable and clean TypeScript code
- Testing code quality and durability
- Develop and integrate automated unit tests for software developed
- Review and recommend architectural improvements
- Troubleshoot production impacting issues providing timely solutions
- Expand on existing solution for adding support for Blockchains that are not currently supported by the platform
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.