Senior Frontend Engineer
New York, NY, USA
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Senior Frontend Engineer
Genesis Trading is seeking a talented Senior Frontend Engineer experienced in building scalable, performant user interfaces visualizing large, rapidly changing data sets. The Senior Frontend Engineer will have designed platforms that are a pleasure to use with an eye toward usability, speed, and stability. The Senior Frontend Engineer will focus on designing a modern architecture for the Genesis Prime Brokerage platform that encompasses onboarding, trading, capital, custody, order management, and risk management.
- Spearhead frontend development efforts aligned with long term architectural objectives
- Create high quality user experiences by building interfaces that are easy to use, performant, and reliable
- Build, test, and ship new client-facing and internal trading platform interfaces, using modern tools like React, TypeScript/ES6, Webpack, and more
- Help turn our vision into a tangible roadmap by working with engineers, product managers, and senior leadership.
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- frameworks like React
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SCSS, Sass, or Less
- Experience designing and maintaining expansive REST APIs
- Experience with browser-based streaming such as web sockets, server sent events
- Experience with Git-based software development lifecycle and close code review
- Experience identifying and fixing web-based performance bottlenecks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.