Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Frontend Engineer
Genesis Trading is seeking a talented Frontend Engineer with experience building and deploying web interfaces for low-latency trading platforms, preferably in digital currency or foreign exchange markets. The Frontend Engineer will focus on creating modern and highly performant interfaces for trading workflows and market data visualization. Flexibility to develop cross framework is preferred, particularly in React, Angular, or Vue. UI design experience and knowledge of trading and capital markets are a plus.
- Develop and integrate automated unit tests for software developed
- Review and recommend architectural improvements
- Participate in design sessions with development team
- Troubleshoot production impacting issues providing timely solutions
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area (M.S. degree preferred)
- 3+ years development experience in digital currencies, FX, or other capital markets environment
- Strong knowledge of a modern frontend framework such as react.js, angular.js, vue.js
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as SCSS, Sass, or Less
- Experience with Rest APIs
- Experience with web sockets
- Experience with version control such as Git
- Experience with SPAs and webpack
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience with SDLC processes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space..
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.