Senior Internal IT Auditor
New York, NY, USA
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Senior Internal IT Auditor
Genesis is seeking a Senior Internal IT Auditor. Reporting to the Director of Internal Controls, this role will focus on designing and executing financial, operational, and technology audit programs that target high-risk areas in the company’s controls, systems, and processes.
- Perform technical audits in IT governance, development, network/infrastructure security, application security, cyber security, disaster recovery, cloud and web technologies
- Develop audit engagement scope, completing field-work, preparing audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed
- Identify gaps and areas for improvement, and evaluate their significance and potential business impact to improve process effectiveness
- Present practical recommendations to senior leaders and prepare written audit reports to document your findings
- Assist in testing the effectiveness of the Company’s SOX controls and work with management to ensure remediation is implemented for deficiencies identified
- Collaborate with and educate process owners regarding the importance of maintaining strong internal controls and the role of internal audit
- Participate in audit planning activities, including risk assessments, research and interviews
- Act as a high-visibility leader to drive organizational change and guide the business to a successful future state
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- 4 or more years of relevant work experience in financial services or cryptocurrency company
- CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP certification earned or in-progress, or other relevant certification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including a demonstrated ability to clearly provide written reports that accurately and clearly summarize issues and present solutions in an understandable and logical manner
- Public accounting, information systems, risk, and operational based audit experience
- Experience with data analytics tools
- Knowledge of BSA/AML and NYDFS standards
- Understanding of information technology general controls and familiarity with COSO, COBIT, ISO, NIST cybersecurity, and ITLL frameworks
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time-off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We are the exclusive distribution and marketing agent for Grayscale Investments, the largest digital currency asset manager with over $16 billion in assets under management.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance
Your application has been successfully submitted.