Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Head of FP&A
We are looking for an experienced Head of FP&A to join our company to establish and lead FP&A. The Head of FP&A will provide hands-on execution and leadership of the finance function. This individual will be responsible for partnering with our business leaders to drive business results through financial insights and discipline, drive budgeting, forecasting, and planning processes. This individual will also be responsible for corporate level reporting, including the executive team and parent company. The Head of FP&A will report to the CFO and be working closely with executives, managers, and parent company.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing all necessary models to support the operating plan, forecasts, strategic initiatives, and business plans
- Establish strong financial planning and forecasting processes and leadership of FP&A
- Work closely with executives and managers on an ongoing basis to evolve the overall strategy and to identify financials drivers, risks, sensitivities, and opportunities
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including annual planning, management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning
- Work with department heads to inform, plan, and manage their plans
- Develop, report, and automate financial reporting and KPI to provide management with forecast insights, performance metrics and financial analytics for improved organizational decision making
- Develop and/or enhance financial systems and tools to increase efficiency and visibility
- Work with Accounting to ensure data integrity and consistency in data across business lines
- Redesign profit center and cost center framework for current and future business requirements
- Partner with accounting, tax, and parent company to develop business line and entity level forecasting models and improve timeliness of internal reporting
- Lead cross-functional efforts within finance to improve reporting, planning, and analysis capabilities
- Navigate and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ad hoc reporting and special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 15+ years of relevant FP&A experience in financial services supporting various businesses
- Diverse experience with financial forecasting, planning, analysis, and budget management
- Experience with identifying and implementing tools/technology to improve processes and provide business insights
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to multi-task with good time management skills to meet multiple reporting deadlines
- Strong communication, presentation, analytical and Excel skills
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability to lead complex initiatives across stakeholders
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 400%+ Y/Y trading volume growth to $20.7 billion in trades
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth to $19 billion in originations
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth to $3.9 billion in active loans outstanding
→ 400%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth to $5.9 billion in transactions
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.