Operations Associate (New York)
New York, NY, USA
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Operations Associate
Genesis is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Operations Associate to support the daily operations of our company. Reporting to the Custody Operations Manager, the Operations Associate will act as a specialist point of contact to clients with an interest in our custody services. There will also be regular engagement with other stakeholders in the business, as well as risk functions. To be successful in this role, the Operations Associate must possess top-notch organizational skills and be able to thrive under pressure. This is a client facing role, guiding institutions through the operational flows required to achieve their desired outcomes, while exercising sound risk management of the client's account. This person will ultimately be responsible for overseeing daily operations and ensuring that a smooth process is followed.
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Ensure efficiency, and improve upon, operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Ensure processes remain compliant with laws, regulations and company policies
- Formulate strategic and operational objectives
- Monitor and report on department performance
- Train employees on product
- Analyze business requirements and customer needs
- Improve customer service experience, engage with customers and facilitate organic growth
- Take ownership of customer issues and see problems through to resolution
- Analyze statistics and compile accurate reports
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain a competitive advantage
- Reconcile fund activity against security and risk framework
- Manage clients throughout their lifecycle
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred
- 2-4 years experience in Cryptocurrency, FinTech, or Financial Services industries preferred.
- Ability to perform day to day business support including client onboarding, account management, and transactions
- Ability to provide excellent client service and follow up on client requests
- Proficient knowledge of various PC software programs and platforms including Microsoft Office Suite
- A keen understanding of risk management
- Knowledge of information security best practices is preferred
- Ability to hold department controls when interacting with both clients and internal stakeholders
- Proven knowledge of organizational effectiveness and Operations Management
- Ability to analyze existing processes and recommend/implement measures to realize efficiencies
- Experience with handling institutional client relationships
- Ability to occasionally work non-standard (international) hours
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Ability to work well with global teams in a fast-paced, cross-collaborative environment
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Detail and solutions-oriented
- Strong customer service and client-facing skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
*Please note that the candidate will be required to work in our NYC office once COVID restrictions have been lifted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.