Software Engineer Intern - Summer 2022
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Software Engineer Intern
Interns work on meaningful projects and their work can have a lasting impact at Genesis. In addition to doing hands-on work, you will also learn about how all the teams at Genesis work together to solve some of the toughest challenges in the digital assets market.
This is a unique opportunity to have a front row seat to the growth of an asset class. As a trading intern you may have the opportunity to work on:
- Participating in design sessions with the development team.
- Assisting the development and maintenance of core Go and Python trading platform components.
- Helping develop and integrate automated unit tests for software developed.
- Reviewing and recommending architectural improvements.
- Troubleshooting production-impacting issues and helping provide timely solutions.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- A strong interest in the digital asset trading industry.
- Ability to demonstrate autonomy and ownership, while evolving in a team environment.
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment.
- Good verbal, presentation, and written communication skills as you work across departments.
- Currently enrolled in a university, graduating between Dec 2022 – May 2023.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without visa sponsorship.
- Available to work for the duration of 8-10 weeks starting in mid-May 2022.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $45 billion in 2020. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 400%+ Y/Y trading volume growth to $20.7 billion in trades
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth to $19 billion in originations
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth to $3.9 billion in active loans outstanding
→ 400%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth to $5.9 billion in transactions
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.