Spot and Derivatives Trader, Analyst (Singapore)
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Spot and Derivatives Trader, Analyst
Genesis is hiring a full-time spot and derivatives trader with 2-3 years of experience to join our growing Singapore team. The candidate will manage day-to-day client interactions in both spot and derivatives and guide them through the trade lifecycle. The ideal candidate for this role would grow over time to learn, manage risk in crypto asset portfolios, and counterparty relationships. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing leading innovator in the digital currency financial ecosystem. The candidate will work closely with experienced personnel in the derivatives, lending and spot trading desks to contribute to the growth, development and daily operation of Genesis.
This role requires working Wednesday through Sunday weekly.
- Providing quotes to and execute trades for institutional and high net worth clients across spot and derivatives markets
- Ensure correct booking of all trades and providing day-to-day trading operations and accounting support.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with institutional and high-net worth clients across multiple communication channels, primarily in chat and email
- Distribute market commentary and share actionable trade insights with clients
- Guide clients through both the sales cycle and the trade lifecycle process
- Develop strong relationships with clients and liquidity partners, maintaining high integrity both inside and outside the firm
- Liaise between sales, trading and other teams to support delivery of business development projects.
- BS degree in finance, math, comp-sci or other relevant major
- Passion for crypto and basic familiarity with the ecosystem and market infrastructure
- 2-3 years of experience in a client-facing role on a trading team
- Working understanding of option theory and risk
- Client service focus with an ability to guide clients through the sales cycle and through the trade lifecycle process
- Ability to multitask and prioritize independently in a fast-paced environment with ease
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Continually seeks to improve tools, procedures, and trading processes.
- Experience in scripting in VBA or Python. Strong programming experience is a bonus.
- Fluency in multiple languages is a bonus.
- Global Experiences
- Generous Time Off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.