Full Stack Engineer - Custody (New York)
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Full Stack Engineer - Custody
Genesis is seeking a Full Stack Engineer, with a leaning towards the back end. The role will be responsible for extending and enhancing the existing custody platform. In addition to this, the applicant will be a self-learner working with emerging assets and be comfortable reverse engineering community code to develop production systems.
- Develop and maintain well structured and self documenting code
- Working with the Custody business to understand product requirements and deliver well articulated solution designs
- Be comfortable submitting to as well as overseeing peer code review processes
- Ensure that developed solutions adhere to information security best practices
- Demonstrable commercial experience working in this job capacity
- Readiness to pursue various certifications as required by job scope and management
- Excellent experience in NodeJS and Typescript
- Experience in ReactJS
- Good experience in one or more languages (including but not restricted to Rust, Ruby, Python)
- Working knowledge of GraphQL
- Working knowledge of Docker/Kubernetes
- Has a keen interest in API and protocol engineering
- Understanding of integrity and teamwork within a secure environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help, and works great in a team
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.