DevOps Engineer - Custody (New York)
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – DevOps Engineer - Custody
Genesis is seeking a Dev Ops Engineer, who will be responsible for supporting various product engineer and security engineering aspects.
- Development and maintenance of Infrastructure as Code
- Develop and maintain organization wide repositories of infrastructure solutions patterns
- Increase automation coverage of entire estate
- Working with engineering and Information Security to help maintain security posture by ensuring standardized image and OS builds
- Ensure reliability targets are met
- Support Information Security in managing change within target estates
- Evolve base builds and images in-line with Information security policies
- Report regularly key support issues, metrics and trends identified to management
- Demonstrable commercial experience working in this job capacity
- Readiness to pursue various certifications as required by job scope and management
- Working knowledge of key management systems
- Strong understanding of one or more of the Big 3 cloud providers
- Good understanding of IT technical aspects, especially for various endpoint devices
- Awareness of information security principles
- Good understanding of infrastructure as code solutions design
- Commercial experience of one or more configuration management stacks (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Strong experience of Terraform
- Expert knowledge Linux
- Understanding of integrity and teamwork within a secure environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help, and works great in a team
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.