Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Security Engineer
Genesis is seeking a highly capable Security Engineer / Senior Security Engineer, who will be responsible for various technical and cryptographic security aspects. This role requires a certain range of experience and an in-depth understanding of security engineering facets.
- Perform security analysis/audits/reviews/testing, including full-range of vulnerability scans, penetration tests and code reviews
- Participate in incident response and forensics
- Develop proprietary security tools
- Perform malware, threat, and attack vector analysis
- Configure and maintain logging, reporting, monitoring and security data aggregation and analysis
- Configure and maintain network security (cloud and on-prem, firewalls, wireless security, etc.)
- Configure and maintain complex security systems (HSM farms, MPC-based systems, cryptosystems, key management systems, blockchain/DLT/DAG nodes, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, information technology or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Any Offensive Security certification (at least readiness to pursue OffSec exams)
- Understanding of cryptocurrency ecosystem, blockchain/DLT engineering and smart contracts
- Knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Python, Java, Go, Solidity, Serpent, Vyper, LLL, Mutan, Bamboo, etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting languages and tools (cshell, ksh, Bash, Perl, PowerShell, Ruby, Tcl, etc.)
- Knowledge of network, cloud, web application, database, and mobile security
- Ability to perform security code review (static code analysis)
- Experience performing pentesting (dynamic code analysis) and vulnerability scanning
- Knowledge of firewalls (stateful, stateless, WAFs, etc.)
- Knowledge of Complex System Engineering
- Understanding of systems reliability and resilience
- Understanding of applied cryptography
- Red Teaming, Blue Teaming, Purple Teaming experience
- Experience with threat intelligence
- Knowledge of SecOps and related technologies
- Fuzzing experience
- Knowledge of Chaos Engineering
- Experience with VPN and DevOps technology
- Understanding of OpSec and physical security
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help, and works great in a team
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressure environment
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.