Enterprise Risk Manager
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Enterprise Risk Manager
The Manager for Enterprise Risk Management (“ERM”), part of Genesis Enterprise Risk Management program, will be responsible for the oversight and execution of ERM processes and reports to the VP, Enterprise and Business Risk.
ERM identifies, measures, monitors and reports risks and exposures across Genesis through the Enterprise Risk Management Framework in relation to enterprise risk assessments, risk event analysis, scenario analysis, key risk indicators and risk reporting processes. The Manager ERM will implement the Enterprise Risk Management Framework across Genesis, policies, procedures, processes and controls including the ERM processes. The candidate should have a strong background in the financial industry, and a deep understanding of Enterprise Risk, and Operational Risk best practice, processes, and risk related methodologies.
- Work closely across Genesis departments and jurisdictions to execute risk processes while aligning Genesis processes, risks and controls to regulatory requirements and expectations
- Apply Genesis risk appetites, risk tolerances and risk taxonomy to the operating environment
- Provide effective challenge, as appropriate, related to risk ratings, reporting data, decisions, outcomes and policies and procedures
- Ensure that risks are appropriately identified, communicated, managed and resolved based on ERM and organizational policies and procedures
- Maintain a current view of industry leading practices for enterprise risk and operational risk management and propose and implement enhancement to the program on an as needed basis
- Escalate unresolved issues impacting Genesis business to management including recommendation to pursue remediation where appropriate
- Ensure transparency within Genesis by developing standardized report and templates to inform management on risk and performance
- Develop and implement Enterprise Risk policies, procedures, processes and controls including strategies, standards tools and methodologies to measure and monitor and report on risks
- Assist with audit and regulatory examinations as needed
- Advanced in Microsoft suite, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Operational Risk tools and risk management solutions
- Experience with GRC systems and tools
- Experience with data analytics, and data visualizations tools (a plus)
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business or other related area
- 4-6 years of experience in Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Operations, Compliance, Auditing, Consulting or equivalent
- 3+ years of direct work experience in Enterprise Risk, Operational Risk Management, or financial services industries
- Expertise and knowledge of regulatory requirements regarding Enterprise and Operational Risk Management for Financial Institutions, including experience working with regulators (SEC, FINRA, FCA, MAS)
- Knowledge of Broker Dealers, Financial Holding Companies, Exchanges, and other types of financial institutions
- Knowledge of Best Practice across organizational departments (e.g. COSO, FFIEC, ISO, NIST, COBIT, etc)
- A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and capacity to excel in a cohesive team environment
- Excels at analysis, problem solving and strategic alignment
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communications skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization, including senior management
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.