Risk Product Manager
New York, NY, USA
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis, including over $25 billion in 2020 YTD. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Risk Product Manager
Genesis Trading is seeking a Risk Product Manager with a strong background in technology product design and delivery of risk platforms for institutional trading. The Product Manager will report to the Head of Product and work collectively with business stakeholders to create technology requirements for the Genesis Prime Brokerage business. Experience with SDLC within rapid, iterative development cycles strongly preferred.
- Risk Management Platform design and build coordination with Risk and Engineering teams
- Requirements gathering for large and small engineering initiatives
- Work with Engineering and Quality Assurance to review all requirements
- Assist Quality Assurance with acceptance testing of requirements
- Assist Technology Operations with troubleshooting and analysis of production issues
- B.S. degree in computer science or related area (M.S. degree preferred)
- 3+ years development experience in digital currencies, FX, or other capital markets environment
- Strong knowledge of risk management platforms for multi-asset class trading
- Strong knowledge of requirement gathering processes
- Strong knowledge of SDLC processes involving multiple engineering efforts
- Strong ability to manage large scale development efforts from a product perspective
- Experience with VAR and / or SPAN models and cross margining frameworks
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases preferred
- Experience with scripting languages including Python preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter yet knows when to ask for help and works great in a team
- Strives to simultaneously achieve high-velocity and high-quality output
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-pressured environment
- Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.