Vice President, AML Program Manager
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role – Vice President, AML Program Manager
Genesis is seeking a Vice President- AML/KYC Program Manager, with a strong background in AML, CDD and EDD, reporting directly to the AML Officer and the Chief Compliance Officer. The VP AML/KYC Compliance will focus on the implementation and management of an effective AML/KYC program in the New York office.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the AML Onboarding Program including allocation of work and management of junior members of staff
- Conduct customer onboarding and CDD refresh in line with regulatory requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise on AML/KYC/Sanctions related matters, including reviewing onboarding program, conducting enhanced due diligence on prospective and existing clients etc.
- Work with Compliance staff to ensure all Genesis staff receive adequate AML and sanctions training annually.
- Maintain AML/KYC policies and procedures and ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are in place. Assess, design and drive completion of necessary upgrades, updates, and new policies in response to regulatory drivers, other external drivers, and business changes.
- Work closely with AML Compliance staff in Singapore and London to ensure compatibility and cohesion with firmwide policies and procedures
- Interface with relevant stakeholders with regards to onboarding, compliance reviews and investigations, as well as other ad-hoc projects
- Identify and assess risks including any unusual activity / transaction activity not consistent with client profile and raise SARS when necessary.
- Assist with compliance audits, including internal and regulatory examinations
- Build strong relationships with front office, senior management, and third-party vendors to ensure a strong firmwide AML culture
- Provide daily, weekly, and quarterly reports to the Director of Onboarding
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Accounting/Finance or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred
- At least 8 years+ experience in AML Compliance and/or AML Operations
- AML/KYC program management experience, within a regulated financial institution, required
- Experience managing day to day operations of AML department
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience interacting with business side, traders, and regulators
- Experience setting up AML/CDD & Compliance frameworks
- Quick learner who can adapt well to a fluid regulatory and business environment.
- AML Certification (ACAMS) or other AML / Compliance certification preferred
- Experience in a Fintech or Cryptocurrencies will be highly advantageous
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.