Credit Risk Associate (London)
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role: VP, Head of Institutional Sales - APAC
Genesis Trading is seeking a Credit Risk Associate with a strong background in counterparty credit risk evaluation, reporting directly to the Head of Risk. The Credit Risk Associate will focus on determining the credit-worthiness of existing and potential clients who transact in lending, OTC and derivatives products. The associate will be responsible to design, prototype, validate, augment and manage the implementation of credit risk related initiatives.
- Analyze credit data and financial information to determine risk
- Augment internal credit risk rating model
- Prepare reports based upon findings to help make decisions on lending/borrowing and credit-worthiness
- Assemble and synthesize data needed to run risk management models
- Assist in augmenting Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Collateral management – tracking movement of collateral, monitoring and issuing margin calls/refunds
- Work closely with Operations on transfers of digital assets and associated collateral
- Liquidity management
- Liaise with internal group on initiatives as necessary
- 3-5 years in credit risk management in capital markets and/or crypto
- Experience in modeling and implementing credit rating models
- Working knowledge of collateral determination and margin call procedures
- Proven track of designing and building risk reports in a real-time setup
- Strong understanding of financial markets and products
- Experience with SQL and/or Python is a plus
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time-off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity and Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.