VP, AML Compliance Officer (Singapore)
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role - VP, AML Compliance Officer
Genesis Trading is seeking a VP, AML Compliance Officer, with a strong background in AML, CDD and EDD, reporting to the Asia Pacific Regional Director as well as the Group Chief Compliance Officer and Group AML Officer. The VP, AML Compliance Officer will focus on the design, implementation, and monitoring of an effective AML/CDD program in the Singapore office.
- Conduct customer onboarding and CDD refresh in line with Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise on AML/CDD related matters, including reviewing onboarding program, conducting enhanced due diligence on prospective and existing clients etc.
- Maintaining AML policies and procedures and ensuring that appropriate policies and procedures are in place. Assess, design and drive completion of necessary upgrades, updates and new policies in response to regulatory drivers, other external drivers and business changes.
- Work closely with Compliance staff in New York and London to ensure alignment and cohesion with firmwide policies and procedures
- Interface with relevant stakeholders with regards to onboarding, compliance reviews and investigations, as well as other ad-hoc projects
- Identify and assess risks including any unusual activity / transaction activity not consistent with client profile
- Assist with compliance audits, including internal and MAS-related audits
- Build strong regulatory relationships with MAS and other regulatory bodies in championing the adoption of best AML and compliance standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Accounting/Finance or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred
- At least 7 years+ experience in AML Compliance
- Strong working knowledge of Singapore AML laws and regulations relative to money laundering and terrorist financing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience interacting with business side, traders and regulators, including MAS
- Experience setting up AML/CDD & Compliance frameworks
- Quick learner who can adapt well to a fluid regulatory and business environment.
- AML Certification (ACAMS) or other AML / Compliance certification preferred
- Experience in a Fintech or Cryptocurrencies will be highly advantageous
- Global experiences
- Generous time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.