Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets. We provide a single point of access for digital asset trading, derivatives, borrowing, lending, custody and prime brokerage services.
Genesis facilitates billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis. We have a proven track record driving results for some of the largest digital asset-focused hedge funds, quant funds, family offices, VC’s, market makers and exchanges.
Join Our Team
Genesis is expanding to solve some of the toughest challenges in digital asset financial markets.
About This Role - AML/Compliance Analyst
We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic AML and Compliance analyst who will work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)and AML Officer in New York. The candidate will be instrumental in helping to streamline our existing workflow as it relates to counterparty onboarding, transaction monitoring, blockchain surveillance and other due diligence, compliance and regulatory related tasks across the Genesis entities.
- Assist the AML Officer with onboarding new counterparties as well as managing external onboarding requests.
- Monitor and escalate alerts for continuous OFAC screening.
- Conduct blockchain and transaction monitoring surveillance and assist in the streamlining of the day-to-day workflow.
- Assist and work closely with the AML officer to re-onboard and risk rate existing counterparties.
- Perform EDD activities at the direction of the AML officer.
- Develop and maintain procedural documentation and training materials in alignment with internal policies.
- At the direction of the CCO, participate in the annual compliance risk assessment including the implementation of corrective action plans.
- Perform AML/compliance vendor management duties.
- Coordinate AML activities with colleagues in the UK and Singapore.
- Work closely with the internal group on initiatives as necessary
- 2-5 years of Compliance/AML experience with at least 2 years in financial services or digital assets/crypto currency required. CAMS certification a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience using investigative tools including CLEAR, WorldCheck, or LexisNexis
- Strong Work Ethic and high degree of energy
- Willingness and ability to meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental and FSA benefits
- Flexible time off
Genesis is dedicated to creating best-in-class infrastructure for institutional investors, developing advanced products that lower barriers, increase profitability and broaden access. Our team has decades of experience at top Wall Street investment banks and Silicon Valley technology firms, and includes leading experts in blockchain, distributed computing, cryptography and cybersecurity.
Digital Asset Ecosystem
Genesis operates at the heart of the digital asset ecosystem:
→ We are a subsidiary of Digital Currency Group (DCG), the largest investor in the bitcoin and blockchain space.
→ We have an unparalleled global network at the intersection of data, finance and technology.
Our addressable market is expanding rapidly as new institutional investors enter the space. Recent results include:
→ 300%+ Y/Y trading volume growth
→ 400%+ Y/Y loan origination growth
→ 300%+ Y/Y active loan growth
→ 150%+ Q/Q derivatives transaction growth
Diversity And Inclusion
Genesis invests in creating a welcoming environment where everyone can feel supported and connected at work.
→ We help employees develop a deep understanding of the problems we’re trying to solve.
→ We thrive on ideas driven by a broad range of perspectives.
→ We believe diverse teams lead to better products and bigger outcomes.
Genesis is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Work with us at the forefront of digitally-native finance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Genesis is a global leader in institutional digital asset markets, facilitating billions in trades, loans and transactions on a monthly basis.